‘Benjamin Hickey’s transcendental prose redefines not only what it means to write, but also what it means to be.’ – Benjamin Hickey
‘Shrill political vitriol’ – Former Facebook Friend
‘…good…’ – Dad
In 2018 I graduated from RMIT’s highly regarded Associate Degree in Professional Writing in Editing.
I was awarded the Judy Duffy Memorial Award For Excellence, awarded two students in my course cohort for exceptional work and contribution to the course community.
I was also a recipient in the Vice Chancellor’s List Award For Excellence in 2018 for finishing with grades in the top two per cent of all RMIT higher education students.
I completed the following units:
- Writing Non-Fiction – Research and Readership
- Writing Professionally – Effective Communication
- Introduction to Editing Practice
- Working with Text and Image
- Freelance Writing for the Media
- Copyediting and Proofreading
- Writing Fiction – Story and Structure
- Building a Strong Narrative
- Creating Digital Content
- Inside the Industry
- Advanced Feature Writing
- Short Form Fiction Writing
- Developing a Writing Project
- Towards Publication
- Writing Workshop
- Critical Ideas in Contemporary Social and Political Theory